Clinical Affairs Program Coordinator
Would you like to work for a dynamic and progressive employer while impacting society? The Infectious Diseases Society of America (www.idsociety.org), a national medical association representing more than 11,000 physicians and scientists with a highly-respected voice in infectious diseases policy and advocacy and clinical and scientific affairs is seeking exceptional candidates for the role of Clinical Affairs Program Coordinator.
In this role, you will coordinate and implement support activities for the Clinical Affairs and Practice Guidelines department. Support the development of clinical practice resources related to contracting, contract negotiations, billing & coding, implementing telemedicine, Value of ID promotion and population health program (Antimicrobial Stewardship, Infection Prevention, Bio-preparedness) promotion.
FLSA Classification - Non-Exempt
- Support the Clinical Affairs and Quality Improvement Committees and related workgroups in developing resources for IDSA members.
- Conduct literature searches, maintain a current list of peer-reviewed journal and commentary articles, and organize research in an easy-to-find, presentable form for members to access within the IDSA website (www.idsociety.org).
- Assist the Program Manager, Clinical Practice Innovation, in the intake and processing of applications to the IDSA Antimicrobial Stewardship (AS) Centers of Excellence.
- Provide support in fielding and developing surveys (Antimicrobial Stewardship bench-marking survey and ID Physician Compensation survey) by updating, testing and compiling data for analysis.
- Ensure robust discussions on topics related to the clinical practice of ID by actively monitoring MyIDSA communities (online member communities) related to Clinical Affairs, Quality Improvement and the General Community (“IDea Exchange”).
- Coordinate Clinical Affairs and Quality Improvement Committees, and Clinical Affairs Advisory Group volunteer selection process, maintenance of volunteer database and act as the primary contact for related meeting logistics.
- Responsible for updating and maintaining web content and monitoring and reporting metrics.
- Process documents for finalization, clearance, merging, distribution and posting on IDSA’s website.
- Schedule and coordinate conference calls and meetings for department’s committees/sub-committees as needed. This responsibility includes coordinating travel and lodging needs, limited meetings planning activities and general logistics.
- Assist in drafting minutes of key committee meetings and teleconferences, as needed.
- Maintain department’s access to hardcopy and online subscriptions.
- Create, maintain and grow professional relationships with internal and external partners and manage vendor relationships through effective communication and efficient interactions.
- Order and maintain supplies and other resources for the department and is responsible for the appropriate use of the department’s credit card.
- Monitor health care financial management and payment policy journals.
- Keep Clinical Affairs staff well informed of status of activities.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- College bachelor’s degree, preferably in public health, business administration, communications or science-related major.
- Desire to develop an understanding of payment policy under the guidance of Clinical Affairs staff, specifically focused on the evolution of value-based payment models (Alternative Payment Models -APMs/Bundled Payments) and support Clinical Affairs Committee activity in the development of bundled payments.
- Detail-oriented and strong organizational skills with an ability to meet deadlines are key.
- Strong writing, research and verbal communication skills required.
- Sound critical thinking skills.
- Solid organizational, administrative and computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Basic HTML is ideal and familiarity with web-portal content management systems and graphics.
- Diplomacy in interacting with members and leadership.
- High level of confidence that translates into taking initiative and sound problem-solving and decision-making skills.
Please submit a cover letter and resume for consideration.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.