Web and Digital Communications Manager
Organizational and Position Overview
The Infectious Diseases Society of America (www.idsociety.org), a national medical association representing more than 11,000 physicians/scientists with a highly-respected voice in infectious diseases policy and advocacy and clinical and scientific affairs is seeking exceptional candidates for our Web and Digital Communications Manager opening.
The Web and Digital Communications Manager leads efforts to optimize the design and performance of the Society’s website and online communities in order to support membership and advance the Society’s educational and public policy mission. The Web and Digital Communications Manager is responsible for leading website program delivery and ensuring consistent alignment with marketing initiatives.
FLSA Status - Exempt
- Manage the planning, maintenance, and accessibility of idsociety.org and related web properties.
- Oversee digital marketing strategy, develop and execute content marketing and digital marketing campaigns through the web, email, social media, and other digital media channels.
- Develop, implement and adhere to website and digital asset maintenance policies and procedures to ensure site accuracy and timeliness.
- Identify and resolve resource gaps and needs as they relate to website campaigns.
- Manage online communities and website collaboration tools, including members-only communities and discussion forums.
- Manage administration and support of the SalesForce Marketing Cloud.
- Optimize site architecture to create the ideal user experience while ensuring functionality of the site.
- Gain insight from web analytics, such as Google Analytics, and create and implement plans to drive conversions, improve visitor interactions, and optimize performance and accessibility of web properties and evaluate ROI for all initiatives.
- Oversee the integration between idsociety.org and marketing initiatives to ensure landing pages, emails, and forms performance can be measured.
- Recommend, assess, and execute web enhancements and modifications through gathering business requirements.
- Manage outsourced vendors and resources needed for digital asset creation required to support web-based marketing programs.
Knowledge and Skills Required
- Experience with computer graphics and web design
- Advanced programming experience with HTML
- Excellent teamwork and project management skills
- Ability to provide outstanding customer service in a professional and polite manner
- Ability to coordinate multiple priorities with urgent deadlines
- Strong communication skills—written, graphical, and verbal
- Strong understanding of and passion for web marketing, website best practices, web analytics, email, and social media best practices
- Experience with Salesforce Marketing Cloud integration and implementation
- Ability to rapidly learn and take advantage of new concepts, business models, and technologies
Minimum Education and Experience
- Minimum 2-5 years of experience with managing an association’s web ecosystem and enterprise-level content management systems, association management software and/or CRM
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.