Vice President, Digital and Technology Strategy
Organizational and Position Overview
Would you like to work in an environment that values great ideas, innovation and teamwork? The Infectious Diseases Society of America (www.idsociety.org), a national medical association representing more than 11,000 physicians/scientists with a highly-respected voice in infectious diseases policy and advocacy, clinical and scientific affairs is seeking exceptional candidates for our Vice President of Digital and Technology Strategy opening.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for the analysis, development, implementation, evaluation and improvement of digital solutions and IT services across IDSA. He/she will lead information technology, web and digital content efforts and CRM management to ensure alignment with and support of organizational goals and strategic priorities. This individual will serve as a member of the management team and oversee performance and achievement of goals for the division.
- Develop, implement and oversee the performance of IDSA’s digital strategy & operations, including the areas of: information technology, web and digital content, and CRM management.
- In partnership with senior leadership, identify opportunities and risks for delivering IDSA’s products and services, including identification of competitive services, opportunities for innovation, and assessment of marketplace obstacles and technical hurdles to business success.
- Evaluate and identify appropriate technology platforms for delivering the Society’s services.
- Resolve organizational technical problems in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Define and communicate strategies and standards for acquiring or developing IT/Digital systems, equipment, or software.
- Work in collaboration with marketing function to ensure that IDSA’s marketing strategy is aligned to drive traffic, convert sales and increase revenue.
- Ensure effective execution of digital communications (including social media) and evaluate effectiveness.
- Partner with leadership to establish and evaluate IDSA’s strategy for developing products and services that position IDSA as a leader in knowledge and education in the Infectious Disease sector. Work collaboratively with leadership, committees, foundation, marketing, and other IDSA staff to ensure that IDSA’s products are developed and launched successfully.
- Responsible for IDSA’s e-commerce and member transactional experience.
- Liaison with IDSA’s Journal, foundation, and related stakeholders to identify opportunities for optimizing digital delivery of content that supports IDSA’s strategic plan and revenue generating goals.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of technology standards, industry trends, emerging technologies, and best practices. Identify technology trends and evolving behavior that may support or impede IDSA’s success. Also responsible for business intelligence strategy and execution, including data governance.
- Develop mutually productive and accountable relationships with current and prospective partners and vendors.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education, Experience and Skills
- Minimum 10 years of relevant experience; experience in a medical or scientific non-profit organization preferred
- Minimum 5 years management level experience
- Demonstrated experience developing and implementing organization-wide technological and digital strategies aligned with organizational mission
- In-depth knowledge of applications, systems, and relevant information technology solutions
- Ability to anticipate, identify, analyze, and capitalize on opportunities
- Highly developed leadership, strategic thinking, decision-making and interpersonal skills
- High level of confidence and poise with a strong service orientation
- Adept at vendor management, contract negotiations and fiscal management
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.