Senior Manager, Governance
The Infectious Diseases Society of America (IDSA) is a community of over 12,000 physicians, scientists and public health experts who specialize in infectious diseases. Our mission is to improve the health of individuals, communities, and society by promoting excellence in patient care, education, research, public health, and prevention relating to infectious diseases.
The Society is a great place to work! IDSA has a highly competitive total compensation package, offers flexible work, and telework arrangements and our organizational culture is highly rated by staff. Our new office is located two blocks from the metro and has a free gym onsite.
We are an innovative and dynamic professional association committed to the principles of inclusion, diversity, access, and equity. Our team embodies the following core values:
Member-Centric, Excellence, Respect, Innovation, Teamwork and Trust.
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage professionals of diverse backgrounds to apply. We offer a competitive salary and benefits plan.
The Senior Manager, Governance is responsible for managing all governance activities for IDSA. This position has broad oversight for governance including ensuring the execution, development, and maintenance of governance operations and processes that align with best practices while adhering to IDSA’s Inclusion, Diversity, Access & Equity guiding principles.
- Support CEO with planning and managing Board of Directors, Executive Committee and assigned committee meetings
- Collaborate with CEO and Leadership Development Committee to lead Board of Directors nominations and election process
- Manage volunteer recruitment life cycle and recognition programs
- Develop and maintain Board and committee orientation resources
- Support CEO in planning and executing annual Leadership Summit
- Develop and maintain resources for staff committee liaisons by creating and administering training curriculum
- Develop and maintain conflict of interest (COI) systems, policies, processes, and procedures
- Ensure COI policies and processes are adhered to by staff and volunteers
- Serve as staff liaison and manage work of the COI Ethics Committee
- Collaborate with CEO and Board of Directors to update and maintain Society bylaws
- Draft Board and assigned committee meeting minutes
- Develop and maintain Board of Directors policy manual
- Maintain the volunteer section of the IDSA website
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum of 7 years managing Board and governance functions
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, exercise good judgment, and exhibit excellent customer service.
- Solid knowledge of database management
- Ability to work independently and consistently apply sound judgment
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, particularly as they relate to grammar, style, and punctuation
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to successfully lead multiple programs concurrently in a fast-paced and professional environment while consistently meeting deadlines
- Previous experience managing volunteer groups, interacting with Boards and senior level committee members a plus
- Skilled in handling confidential and sensitive information judiciously
- Ability to exhibit diplomacy when interacting with members and leadership team
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products
- Proficient in extracting reports from multiple platforms (Salesforce, Higher Logic, Conflict of Interest experience a plus)
The role will manage a part-time Governance Coordinator.
- Must be able to travel at least 10% of the time
- Annual Staff Retreat
The Infectious Diseases Society of America (IDSA) is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applications without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, disability, socio-economic status, marital or veteran status. We also welcome those of all abilities and make reasonable accommodations to support successful outcomes for our team members.