SHEA Program Coordinator
Organizational Overview - The Society for Healthcare Epidemiology of America (SHEA)
SHEA's mission is to promote the prevention of healthcare-associated infections and antibiotic resistance and to advance the fields of healthcare epidemiology and antibiotic stewardship.
To provide administrative and programmatic support to various functions of the Society for Healthcare Epidemiology of America (SHEA). The program coordinator will work directly with the SHEA Research Network to expand the goals of the program and help execute research working with directly with researchers. Help expand the research efforts of the SHEA Foundation and build on strategic priorities of the Foundation. Work with other SHEA Task Forces to administratively support their volunteer efforts.
- Manage and support programs to advance Society for Healthcare Epidemiology of America (SHEA) strategic priorities to build a robust, diverse and culturally competent infection prevention and antibiotic stewardship workforce.
- Collaborate with others to develop, manage and execute programmatic actions and policy activities related to SHEA’s research and foundation related strategic priorities.
- Contribute to the development of tools and resources to support SHEA health care professionals
- Serve in the role of gatekeeper for new research proposals for the SHEA Research Network (SRN) Such as; prepare submitted studies for review, including key points (topic, funding, survey) and required materials.
- Collaborate with SRN Review Committee and SRN Leadership Team to review and respond to the principal investigator for next steps and support various SRN initiatives related to projects and other manuscripts.
- Maintain/update the SRN database of facilities.
- Attend monthly meetings with the SRN Leadership Team to review activities and plan the schedule of project distribution and engagement efforts
- Develop and prepare surveys, prepare and launch projects, track responses, and issue reminders. Maintain data to share for review by principal investigator.
- Assist with promotion of SRN projects and resulting publications. Work to advance the visibility of the SRN via communications vehicles including website, newsletter, and social media.
- Coordinate and project manage grants as needed on behalf of the SHEA Foundation, SHEA research program and SHEA Education.
- Serve as the staff liaison to the Community Based Healthcare Epidemiology task force and pediatric leadership council.
- Respond to or route inquiries and feedback from volunteers, membership, other associations and the general public in a timely manner
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field or equivalent administrative experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficient in the use of all Microsoft Office Suite Programs Required Skills
- Prior experience in relevant position within a medical society desired
- Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to execute a variety of tasks, with multiple and sometimes competing deadlines
- Openness to learning new skills and taking on new responsibilities
- Ability to work on a small team
The Society for Healthcare Epidemiology of America (SHEA) is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applications without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, disability, socio-economic status, marital or veteran status. We also welcome those of all abilities and make reasonable accommodations to support successful outcomes for our team members.
All offers of employment with SHEA are contingent upon a successful background and reference checks.