Governance/Foundation Operations Coordinator
The Pediatric Infectious Diseases Society of America (PIDS) is a great place to work! PIDS has a highly competitive benefits package, generous paid vacation and sick leave, flexible scheduling and telecommuting program, is located two blocks from the metro, and has a free gym onsite for all employees.
The mission of PIDS is to enhance the health of infants, children, and adolescents by promoting excellence in the diagnosis, management, and prevention of infectious diseases through clinical care, education, research, and advocacy.
We are an innovative and dynamic professional association committed to the principles of inclusion, diversity, access and equity. We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage professionals of diverse backgrounds to apply.
Our team embodies the following core values:
Member-Centric, Excellence, Respect, Innovation, Teamwork and Trust.
This role will support the Executive Director of both Pediatric Infectious Diseases Society (PIDS) and the PIDS Foundation. The Coordinator is responsible for providing administrative and programmatic support to the PIDS team, including regular and non-recurring projects as well as executive support for board and governance processes. This role will track and monitor projects and processes across the Foundation’s operations, and also assist the Executive Director in coordinating operations to ensure that short- and long-term objectives are met in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Schedule, coordinate and provide logistics planning for Board of Directors, Executive Committee, Leadership, and other PIDS Committee meetings and assigned groups
- Plan service recognition programs for Society Awards, the Board and committee
- Draft and share minutes for all assigned Board and committee meetings in a timely manner
- Coordinate annual process for Board of Directors elections and assist with coordinating orientation
- Organize annual process for soliciting and selecting committee volunteers
- Maintain, in coordination with the Marketing, Communications and Membership Departments, the volunteer section of the Society’s website
- Coordinate the annual process (scheduling meetings and conference calls) for Conflict-of-Interest disclosure process for the Board and Committees
- Maintain appropriate documentation and electronic files
- Serve as staff liaison to the Nominations and Awards, Fellowship Awards, Research Affairs, and St. Jude Fellowship Review Committees
- Coordinate and oversee projects to ensure project success within scope, on time and on budget, while adhering to all funder/client regulations
- Responsible for coordinating and tracking outcomes on donor outreach Assist the Executive Director in managing the major donor gift acknowledgement process and ensure engagement for this group of donors at Foundation events
- Coordinate the Fellowship and Society Awards processes
Financial and Data Management
- Work closely with the Executive Director to manage grant and sponsorship activity. Duties include invoice tracking, payment processing, special events, and major donor relations activities
- Manage the established budget for special events and activities
- Serve as point of contact for data migration projects
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- 3-5 years of experience as an Executive Assistant, Business Operations Coordinator, Event Administrator or similar position with budget monitoring responsibilities
- Bachelor’s degree in business management, business technology, or related field, or equivalent related experience
- Commitment to PIDS and the PIDS Foundation’s missions and core values
- Experience with board and committee governance required
- Solid knowledge of database management, data management and integrity, and communicating in a cross functional environment
- Professional written, oral, and nonverbal communication skills
- Proven ability to tactfully interact with colleagues; demonstrate sensitivity of confidential information
- Demonstrated ability to manage and organize multiple tasks, and several concurrent special events and/or projects in a fast-paced environment
- Proficiency in utilizing computer (Microsoft Office, Excel, Outlook, Teams) networks, software, and application
- Demonstrated attention to detail to plan and implement timelines and logistics for projects, meetings, and conference calls
- Proven ability to creatively solve problems and maintain deadlines
- Ability to work independently, think critically, and optimize efficient processes
- Consistent use of excellent people skills and a hi-touch customer service mentality
- Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director
Up to 5% of time for Board meetings, IDWeek, St. Jude/PIDS, and other meetings.
The Infectious Diseases Society of America (IDSA) is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applications without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, disability, socioeconomic status, marital or veteran status. We also welcome those of all abilities and make reasonable accommodations to support successful outcomes for our team members.