The Infectious Diseases Society of America (IDSA) is a great place to work! IDSA has a highly competitive total compensation package, offers flexible work arrangements and our organizational culture is highly rated by staff. This is currently a remote role and will offer telework options when we return to the office. Our new office is located two blocks from the metro and has a free gym onsite for all employees.
We are an innovative and dynamic professional association committed to the principles of inclusion, diversity, access and equity. We’ve experienced tremendous growth over the past several years and are excited to post this newly created position on the Marketing, Communications and Membership team.
Our team embodies the following core values:
Member-Centric, Excellence, Respect, Innovation, Teamwork and Trust.
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage professionals of diverse backgrounds to apply. We offer a competitive salary and benefits plan.
FLSA Status - Non-exempt
Reporting to the Senior Director of Publishing and Content Strategy, the Editorial Coordinator provides administrative support for IDSA journals and acts as liaison between internal staff, production and editorial teams. The coordinator also provides support for IDSA’s journal supplements and for efforts to communicate about and promote journal content.
- Coordinate meeting logistics and prepare materials for Publications Committee meetings, editorial board meetings and other publications related meetings and events
- Coordinate promotional and marketing plans for publications team
- Serve as liaison with production team, following up on escalated articles and corrections
- Generate monthly reports and track data and metrics
- Coordinate embargo requests from authors and manage related communications with key internal stakeholders and production team
- Coordinate supplements, working with editorial offices and publisher’s sales team
- In collaboration with IDSA digital editor, support journal social media accounts by monitoring sites and planning activity
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent years of experience
- A minimum of two years administrative experience in a professional setting
- Experience in communications and editorial support preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Proficiency in Editorial Manager preferred
- Experience with social media tools preferred
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Ability to work independently with minimal oversight
- Ability to juggle multiple projects on multiple deadlines
- Solid oral and written communication skills
- Strong project management skills
The Infectious Diseases Society of America (IDSA) is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applications without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, disability, socio-economic status, marital or veteran status. We also welcome those of all abilities and make reasonable accommodations to support successful outcomes for our team members.
All offers of employment with IDSA are contingent upon a successful background and reference checks