Technical Project Manager (Location Flexible)
The Infectious Diseases Society of America (IDSA) is a great place to work! IDSA has a highly competitive total compensation package, offers flexible work and telework arrangements and our organizational culture is highly rated by staff. Our new office is located two blocks from the metro and has a free gym onsite.
We are an innovative and dynamic professional association committed to the principles of inclusion, diversity, access, and equity. We’ve experienced tremendous growth over the past several years and are excited to post this position.
Our team embodies the following core values:
Member-Centric, Excellence, Respect, Innovation, Teamwork, and Trust.
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage professionals of diverse backgrounds to apply. We offer a competitive salary and benefits plan.
Due to the ongoing pandemic, The Infectious Diseases Society of America (IDSA) is fully remote for the foreseeable future.
The Technical Project Manager analyzes and defines organizational and intra-departmental technology needs and manages enterprise and departmental projects. This position provides guidance on technology needs that support the Society’s strategic priorities and leads project teams by developing project charters and project timelines and managing projects from end to end. The PM drives results and business solutions by applying industry and project management best practices.
- Consults with stakeholders (to include end users) to establish recommendations and requirements for new or changing initiatives; ensures thorough needs analysis
- Scopes requirements as appropriate for business needs; develops and tracks project plans in line with budgetary requirements; provides expertise on related training and education
- Manages projects through all life-cycle phases—including keeping all stakeholders appropriately engaged and informed of status, risks, and issues during the course of the project to help ensure projects are completed effectively
- Provides technical expertise during all stages of project planning and project implementation
- Manages a clear project schedule while also addressing issues, risks, and scope changes; monitors projects for optimal results and efficiencies
- Assesses internal technology needs of employees and members, and manages partners and vendors, includes VoIP, video conferencing, office A/V and more.
- Other duties as assigned
- Occasional travel may be required
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science, business, or the equivalent in experience is required
- Requires minimum of seven years’ experience in similar role
- Experience in non-profit setting and PMP certification is preferred
- Excellent project management skills and familiarity with project management software
- Superior analytical skills and understanding of business process mapping
- Knowledge of systems engineering, SDLC and cloud managed systems
- Familiar with CRM, CMS, LMS and other common organizational technology tools
- Vendor and contractor management experience
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work independently
- Well versed in software implementation/integration
- MS Office applications (Office 365 desirable)
- Strong written and oral communications skills
- Ability to document clear and accurate requirements and specifications
- Ability to manage concurrent projects
This role reports to the Vice President, of Digital and Technology Strategy.
IDSA has a coherent structure for assessing market data and establishing salary ranges based on position scope, responsibility, and professional area to ensure competitiveness. The salary range will reflect the geographic location of the incumbent.
The Infectious Diseases Society of America (IDSA) is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applications without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, disability, socioeconomic status, marital or veteran status. We also welcome those of all abilities and make reasonable accommodations to support successful outcomes for our team members.
All offers of employment with IDSA are contingent upon a successful background and or credit check.