Human Resources Generalist
The Infectious Diseases Society of America (IDSA) is a community of over 12,000 physicians, scientists and public health experts who specialize in infectious diseases. Our mission is to improve the health of individuals, communities, and society by promoting excellence in patient care, education, research, public health, and prevention relating to infectious diseases.
Are you an HR Generalist looking to learn and grow in a professional environment? Join IDSA's Human Resources Team and bring your energy and intellectual curiosity to contribute to our continued success.
The Society is a great place to work! IDSA has a highly competitive total compensation package, offers flexible work and telework arrangements and our organizational culture is highly rated by staff. Our new office is located two blocks from the metro and has a free gym onsite.
We are an innovative and dynamic professional association committed to the principles of inclusion, diversity, access, and equity. We’ve experienced tremendous growth over the past several years and are excited to post this newly-created position.
Manage and execute daily Talent Management and Human Resources activities to attract, develop, motivate and retain high-performing employees. This role will ensure short and mid-range objectives are met and support staff to advance effectiveness and performance.
- Responsible for the full cycle recruitment process for assigned positions, track applicant data and related recruitment activities for reporting purposes
- Manage talent review process ensuring equity and effectiveness; provide consultation on performance review cycle activities (planning, evaluation, and feedback)
- Field and resolve employee relations concerns, ensure IDSA is in compliance with employment laws
- Partner with managers on performance improvement and grievance processes with oversight from the VP
- Coordinate benefits design and annual revisions in partnership with benefits broker; administer benefits programs with a focus on compliance
- Administer compensation program; provide input to related policies, design and revisions
- Attend to updates to the employee handbook, job descriptions and other documents
- Maintain Human Resources records including employment files; ensure proper documentation is generated and maintained regarding status changes (job information, compensation, benefits, employment status, etc.)
- Manage activities and programs related to rewards and recognition that motivate staff, promote a positive culture, and encourage good employer/employee relations
- Develop and deliver informative and timely staff communications
- May process worker’s compensation and unemployment insurance claims to ensure timely compliance with regulatory requirements
- Occasional travel may be required
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field or equivalent experience; HR certification a plus
- Four years of experience as a human resources or talent management generalist with increasing responsibilities
- Solid knowledge of full spectrum of human resources subject matter and application in the workplace
- Excellent judgment, and ability to keep high standards with regard to confidentiality and trustworthiness
- Excellent interpersonal skills: ability to effectively build and maintain work relationships with diverse stakeholders
- Excellent organizational and process management skills; attention to detail; flexible and able to efficiently manage time to meet deadlines
- Intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint
- Strong communications skills - listening, writing, verbal
- Desire to work as a team in a results-oriented environment
- Commitment to IDSA's mission and purpose
The Infectious Diseases Society of America (IDSA) is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applications without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, disability, socioeconomic status, marital or veteran status. We also welcome those of all abilities and make reasonable accommodations to support successful outcomes for our team members.
All offers of employment with IDSA are contingent upon a successful background check.