Director of Human Resources and Organizational Development
The Infectious Diseases Society of America (IDSA) is a great place to work! IDSA has a highly competitive total compensation package, offers flexible work and telework arrangements and our organizational culture is highly rated by staff. Our new office is located two blocks from the metro and has a free gym onsite.
We are an innovative and dynamic professional association committed to the principles of inclusion, diversity, access, and equity. We’ve experienced tremendous growth over the past several years and are excited to post this newly created full-time position.
Our team embodies the following core values:
Member-Centric, Excellence, Respect, Innovation, Teamwork, and Trust.
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage professionals of diverse backgrounds to apply. We offer a competitive salary and benefits plan.
Plans, directs, and executes short-and long-term HR management and organizational development strategies to ensure the Society has the required skills and capabilities at all levels of the organization.
- Provide strategic insights that translate into increased organizational effectiveness to support the achievement of established goals
- Establish and implement talent acquisition strategies, including recruitment and onboarding processes
- Establish and implement performance management strategies to include assessment, development, and retention strategies, staff training, talent review systems, and rewards and recognition programs
- Create and implement compensation policies and structures to ensure IDSA maintains a competitive program that supports talent acquisition and retention
- Direct collaborative staffing activities, including new position requests and promotions, ensuring that decisions address the skills and competencies necessary to sustain and grow the organization
- Develop and deliver effective staff communication plans that build relationships and foster trust
- Oversee employee relations activities providing expertise to enhance engagement and collaboration pursuant to IDSA core values
- Recommend and implement change and knowledge management strategies, organizational processes, and cultural enhancements/interventions
- Provide direction and oversight for the development and administration of HR policies and practices to ensure compliance with related legislation, regulations, and guidelines and compatibility with the Society’s strategy and culture
- Oversee benefits administration activities
- Ensure execution of Inclusion, Diversity, Access & Equity strategies; provide expertise and direction to stakeholders and support related fundraising efforts
- Supervises HR Generalist, Learning and Talent Manager, and HR Coordinator
- Occasional travel may be required
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- 10 years of progressive generalist experience in human resources; experience in talent management and organizational development function is preferred
- 5 years of management and supervisory experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or relevant discipline; advanced degree is a plus; equivalent work experience may be substituted; SPHR and/or SHRM-SCP certification is a plus
- Solid critical and strategic thinking ability
- Excellent communication (presentation, speaking, and written) and facilitation skills
- Superior time management skills with the ability to handle multiple priorities in a dynamic setting
- Effective project and process management capabilities with the ability to allocate and optimize resources
- Strong ability to build effective relationships and work collaboratively across the organization
- Demonstrated application of sound leadership and supervisory practices
- Thoughtful, discrete, and tactful in approach; excellent judgment/discernment; a trusted advisor and consultative business partner
- Demonstrated expertise in human resources and organizational development subject areas
The Infectious Diseases Society of America (IDSA) is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applications without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, disability, socioeconomic status, marital or veteran status. We also welcome those of all abilities and make reasonable accommodations to support successful outcomes for our team members.
All offers of employment with IDSA are contingent upon a successful background and or credit check.