Physician Associate Editor, COVID-19 Real Time Learning Network
IDSA is seeking a Physician Associate Editor to contribute to the oversight and development of the COVID-19 Real-Time Learning Network (RTLN).
The purpose of the Real-Time Learning Network is to serve as a multidisciplinary, online hub for sharing and collaboration, and a living repository of resources for clinician learning and best practices on the COVID-19 pandemic. The RTLN website is organized into several content sections including: Therapeutics & Interventions, Diagnostics, Infection Prevention, Disease Manifestations and Complications, Special Populations, and Vaccines and Immunity.
The Physician Associate Editor will work with the Chief Medical Editor to provide clinical leadership and expertise in the development and curation of content for the RTLN site, with the goal of ensuring timely, relevant and accessible information for frontline medical professionals. Content should be curated with links to the best clinical resources on topics such as COVID-19 treatment, practice guidelines, diagnostics, and clinical trials data.
This is a part-time (5-6 hour per week commitment) temporary grant-funded position. Although the grant is expected to end in September 2021, sometimes additional funding can be obtained to extend a grant beyond this timeframe. If that would occur, your contract under the grant might also be extended.
- Work with the Chief Medical Editor to lead the development and curation of evidence-based content related to COVID-19
- Serve as lead editor of 2-3 RTLN content sections, providing clinical insight and guidance on how related content should be clustered together and in what format content should best be delivered
- Manage the review of internally and externally written content, providing timely and constructive feedback to writers and other contributors, and amending or rewriting content as needed
- Monitor journals and other sources for new findings that are then added to relevant RTLN sections
- Participate in 1-2 RTLN Editors’ meetings weekly
- Infectious disease-trained physician (MD or DO) with direct knowledge and experience related to COVID-19 clinical care and/or research
- Ability to successfully liaise with experts at all levels to execute responsibilities
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Excellent research skills
- Strong diplomatic and organizational skills
- Strong management skills and an ability to effectively delegate work and responsibility to others
- Availability to dedicate a minimum of 5-6 hours per week to the responsibilities required
Anticipated rate: Commensurate with background and experience
Working at IDSA
We are an innovative and dynamic professional association committed to the principles of inclusion, diversity, access and equity.
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage professionals of diverse backgrounds to apply.
Our team embodies the following core values:
Member-Centric, Excellence, Respect, Innovation, Teamwork and Trust.