Foundation Fundraising Manager
The Infectious Diseases Society of America (IDSA) is a great place to work! IDSA has a highly competitive benefits package, generous paid vacation and sick leave, flexible scheduling and telecommuting program, is located two blocks from the metro, and has a free gym onsite for all employees.
We are aninnovative and dynamic professional association committed to the principles ofinclusion, diversity, access and equity. We’ve experienced tremendous growthover the past several years and are excited to post this newly created positionto support our staff development (including diversity and inclusion) andrecruitment function. We are an equal opportunity employer and encourageprofessionals of diverse backgrounds to apply.
Our team embodies the following corevalues:
Member-Centric, Excellence, Respect, Innovation, Teamwork and Trust.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits plan.
Department: IDSA Foundation
Reports To: Foundation Executive Director
FLSA Classification: Exempt
The Fundraising Manager contributes to the IDSA Foundation’s overall development via campaigns and manages all fundraising activity through planned giving, annual giving and corporate & foundation relations. They work collaboratively with teams across the organization and supports efforts to increase non-dues revenue. They also oversee micro volunteering, committees and governance functions. This is a highly visible position working closely with the Executive Director and key committees.
- Leverage staff and systems to identify, cultivate, solicit, and steward major gift donors to IDSA Foundation
- Lead efforts in gift planning via programs, and corporate/foundation relations to drive increased development activity and total contributions
- Work closely with the Executive Director and volunteer leadership including the Board of Directors and other committees
- Assist with the preparation for senior management meetings, reports and briefings
- Compile fundraising reports using donor database query and report systems
- Coordinate and complete donor research on selected donor candidates
- Coordinate all work to create an efficient donor acknowledgement and fulfillment program
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- Thorough knowledge of basic fundraising principles
- Five years of office administration and development experience
- Experience working with clients/member services or providing high-level customer service experience required
- Bachelor’s degree in business, non-profit management, communication, public relations, or related field of study or equivalent experience is required
- Skilled in conducting research, analyzing, and evaluating records, correspondence and other documentation required to accomplish goals
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills essential, ability to draft/prepare grammatically correct correspondence.
- Accurate, detail oriented, and able to utilize proofreading skills
- Association or nonprofit experience helpful
- General knowledge of health care, preferably infectious diseases and child health preferred
10% travel expected.
Please submit a cover letter and resume for consideration.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
All offers of employment are contingent upon a successful background check.