Foundation Development Manager
The Infectious Diseases Society of America (IDSA) is a great place to work! IDSA has a highly competitive benefits package, generous paid vacation and sick leave, flexible scheduling and telecommuting program, is located two blocks from the metro, and has a free gym onsite for all employees.
We are aninnovative and dynamic professional association committed to the principles ofinclusion, diversity, access and equity. We’ve experienced tremendous growthover the past several years and are excited to post this newly created positionto support our staff development (including diversity and inclusion) andrecruitment function. We are an equal opportunity employer and encourageprofessionals of diverse backgrounds to apply.
Our team embodies the following corevalues:
Member-Centric, Excellence, Respect, Innovation, Teamwork and Trust.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits plan.
Department: IDSA Foundation
Reports To: Executive Director, IDSA Foundation
FLSA Classification: Exempt
The Foundation Development Manager develops funds through the management of overall individual giving, including the development of targeted online programs as well as fundraising initiatives involving new and developing media and technologies. They are responsible for the IDSA Foundation’s overall development of donor engagement via campaigns, as well as all fundraising activity through planned giving, annual giving, and corporate and foundation relations. This position will be an integral part of the Foundation’s fundraising efforts, working collaboratively and strategically with teams across the organization and support efforts to increase non-dues revenue. They will oversee micro volunteering, committees and governance functions. This is a highly visible position working closely with the Executive Director and key committees.
- Develops and implements digital fundraising programs (including new and existing e-newsletters and e-renewals), online content monetization, widgets, online application development, second-screen donations, hybrids utilizing traditional mail and on-air techniques, as well as collaboration with local and national partners such as PBS and other PBS stations
- Supervises delivery of fundraising campaigns across digital, mobile, social media, and developing channels
- Manages cultivation of prospects through digital fundraising tools and initiates strategies to foster higher giving levels
- Prospect for, steward, and cultivate donors capable of making donations of up to $5,000
- Highlight stories of impact in donor-facing communications by building a sense of donor community
- Lead efforts in gift planning via programs and corporate/foundation relations to drive increased development activity and total contributions
- Work closely with volunteer leadership including the Board of Directors and other committees
- Assist with the preparation for senior management meetings, reports and briefings
- Compile fundraising reports using donor database query and report systems
- Coordinate and completes donor research on selected donor candidates
- Coordinate all work to create an efficient donor acknowledgement and fulfillment program
Other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- Thorough knowledge of intermediate fundraising principles
- Five years of fundraising experience
- Experience working with clients/member services or providing high-level customer service experience is required
- Bachelor’s degree in business, non-profit management, communication, public relations, or related field of study or equivalent experience is required
- Skill in conducting research, writing and analyzing, and evaluating records, correspondence and other documentation required to accomplish goals
- Association or nonprofit experience helpful
- General knowledge of health care, preferably infectious diseases and child health preferred
- Experience within a medical association is highly preferred
10% travel expected.
Please submit a cover letter and resume for consideration.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
All offers of employment are contingent upon a successful background check.