Foundation Program Manager
The Infectious Diseases Society of America (IDSA) is a great place to work! IDSA has a highly competitive benefits package, generous paid vacation and sick leave, flexible scheduling and telecommuting program, is located two blocks from the metro, and has a free gym onsite for all employees.
Job Title: Foundation Program Manager
Department: IDSA Foundation
Reports To: Executive Director
FLSA Classification: Exempt
The Foundation Program Manager develops, manages, and monitors the delivery of IDSA Foundation programs and special initiatives and serve as a meeting facilitator for the Foundation.
· Conduct research related to the Foundation’s mission, stakeholder organizations, and best practices, to inform and strengthen the Foundation’s knowledge, program design and implementation processes, and impact; perform program evaluation data analysis and generate reports. Coordinate with the Foundation team to create impact statements and program success stories.
· Manage the Foundation Mentorship Program which includes application and program updates, mentor/mentee pairing, planning IDWeek Mentorship luncheon, participant tracking and follow up
· Manage relationships with program committees including scheduling and leading meetings, ongoing communications and managing evolution of programs based on committee feedback
· Manage overall community outreach and engagement, including the nurturing of a strong pipeline of program volunteers
· Create and deliver polished, customized presentations to internal staff and external audiences to raise public awareness of program activities
· Collaborate with senior leadership and advancement colleagues to influence content and guide the creation of compelling giving and engagement opportunities
· Define, review, and lead implementations of technological solutions across a breadth of areas, including recruiting, learning, website design and development, data warehousing and data analytics
· Provide day-to-day oversight of the ongoing operations and development of Foundation website, including oversight and ability to negotiate with outside vendors and manage related vendor projects
· Collaborate to develop and maintain analytics, and schedule email and social media campaigns
· Work with the Executive Director to create an annual plan, supporting creation and execution of various communications
· Manage the development and implementation of a web-based application process, along with the notification of accepted/rejected applicants
· Create and manage promotional and educational materials and content related to assigned programs
· Support learning and logistics for internal foundation meetings and convenings (e.g., staff, committee, Board)
· Other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
· Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field or equivalent experience
· 3 years of experience in similar position
· Experience researching, developing, implementing, and evaluating similar programs
· Strong writing, organizational and interpersonal skills. Some grant writing and management experience preferred.
· Experience working in a non-profit environment with volunteer leadership and consensus-building a plus
· Strong programmatic management, research, and writing skills
· Detail-oriented with an ability to juggle multiple deadlines effectively
· Sound critical thinking skills, demonstrated initiative, and excellent problem-solving skills
· Ability to interact successfully across all levels of volunteers, leaders and, staff
· Good verbal communication skills required
· Intermediate computer skills (MS Office, database, data management)
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
· Up to 15% of time for local and/or domestic meetings
· Ability to travel overnight on a periodic basis to conferences and meetings
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Please submit a cover letter and resume for consideration.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.