Social Media Intern - Fall 2019
The Infectious Diseases Society of America (www.idsociety.org), a national medical association representing more than 11,000 physicians and scientists with a highly-respected voice in infectious diseases policy and advocacy is seeking exceptional candidates for a paid Social Media Internship to support our Digital and Technology Strategy team.
The Social Media Intern will join our Digital and Technology Strategy team starting in late summer/early fall. The ideal candidate will possess a strong knowledge of the digital media landscape, including various social media sites. Daily duties and learning opportunities will include content creation, social media management, analytics reporting, and creative campaign development.
Candidates will be available to work in-person (with the possibility of some remote work) for 15-20 hours per week during the Fall semester.
FLSA Status – Non-Exempt
- Develop creative, engaging, and on-brand social media content for IDSA’s social channels, including, but not limited to, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn
- Assist in the development and maintenance of content calendars, including image sourcing and copywriting
- Conduct daily research to find new content and engagement opportunities relevant to IDSA’s mission and vision
- Monitor social media streams and respond through comments and/or direct messages as appropriate
- Assist with monitoring and reporting analytics
- Stay up to date on the latest best practices and technologies and help to develop new social media strategies for the organization
Education and Experience
- Undergraduate degree (in progress or completed)
- Strong working knowledge of major social media platforms and their best practices, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest and YouTube
- Experience creating compelling and engaging social media content
- Excellent time management skills, as well as verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to work independently
- Experience with social media management platforms, such as Hootsuite, Social Report, & Agorapulse
- Experience with social media analytics, such as Facebook Insights & Twitter Analytics
- Experience creating graphics
Compensation: This internship will pay $15 per hour.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to apply.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
All offers of employment with IDSA are contingent upon a successful background and or credit check.